View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 09:23 AM

Default WoW.......! Bro. Paul!...............Long time no see!

Quote:
it was becoming a little bit of a shoot and duck game between one or two people only.
I had to chuckle at that word picture....LoL

Quote:
If I remember right, it isn’t until Gn.4:19 that there is any hint of a second wife mentioned but again, this is mentioned in passing rather than in any form of authorization.
You are right of course....That is the first mention and it is more of an historic account. But given that everything had a meaning in the Bible I find it interesting that the line is Cain's that it is first mentioned.

Quote:
In between that time and the time of Christ there are people who obviously had followed this pattern, but that doesn’t suggest in anyway that it was a righteous thing to do. Some may argue that “well, God blessed Jacob, David, Solomon etc..,” He used them and also spoke to them. But again this doesn’t prove anything, as God used Moses, David and Saul (Paul) who put innocent people to death.
The aspect that I am currently studying through is the verse where God tells David:

II Samuel 12:8 And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

Quote:
It does seem a striking coincidence that after the teachings of Jesus on the matter that acts such as these decreased rapidly in the countries that heard the gospel (I wonder why?)
Well, according to things said in the other thread it could be said the reason it decreased wasn't because they had to leave their wives that they were already married to because they were to "abide in the same calling wherein he was called" but because those with more than one wife died out.........I guess? LoL