View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Chaplainles:---Very Good Post! You mentioned the Theban Legion. Did you see my post on page 3, with 2 links about St. Maurice of the Theban Legion?
BTW---Were you able to find that small Bible that you were looking for?
Oh, another BTW...as an American who has served, and is still on "the books" in Reserve status...as someone with mostly Brit blood in the veins and as a Christian, I've often asked myself what I would have done if I was alive in the 1770's in the "Colonies"---?? About 1/3 of the Colonists were "Tories", or Loyalists to the Crown. They thought that since The Lord God ordained the Monarch,,,then it is not right to fight against the "Crown".
Thanks PB1789 for the comments, yes I did see your Post. When I get time I want to scope out the Theban Legion more. Re: 1776 and all that big subject the 'knock on' effect to Britain is quite interesting as we went to War with our ahem.. European neighbours... But I never have believed in the 'Divine Right' of the Monarchy as such. But that brings up the English Civil War....

Ok, towinz, first off Bro. I am praying for you, I see from your post that you did not say if you were saved before you joined up? Nevertheless I have a saying, 'Bloom Where Your Planted'.
I see you have a lot of inroads into reaching your comrades with the Gospel, hey Bro. your a Marine so you must be made of the right stuff, so whats a little hardship if you can reach others???
If you leave WHO is going to reach those you leave behind? You need to have a mega close walk with the Lord though to see you through. IMHO at the moment you have job security (thats for your family) and you are where God wants you to be. 4 Years in and no overseas deployment whoooa... I can see Gods hand in that.
I know what you mean about Chaplains in the Military, the same happens over here, but Bro. You got the Book, you got to knees... get em working...
You take care brother in prayer for you... Semper Fi......
Every Blessing....