View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 11:28 PM

toiwnz:---Hey there Marine! I'm a former 0331. One week after September 11th 2001, I called the Corps to help fight the moslem jihadists...(after waiting to see lines of young men outside every Recruiting Station in this land,,,and NOT seeing that-{as the Men did on December 8th 1941} ). The Corps had a special telephone line set up to handle all the Prior Service volunteers responding to the attack on our homeland. The Captain that spoke with me took down my info,,,then politely told me that I was too old to come back into the Corps--He was correct-- - my knees are not 20 years old anymore. So I joined the Army National Guard. A year and a half ago I was sent to a readiness processing station for about a week for Deployment. The Doctor said I had "shortness of breath", my left knee audibly "popped' in his presence during the leg-bend test, and my hearing isn't too good--(the 0331 MOS!) ---The above mentioned stuff is to let you know that I made myself available...and understand your concerns. "Cover and alignment, aye-aye sir."

I will remind you that you enlisted (you were not drafted) in a branch of the U.S. Military that is known for being warriors. I'm positive that there was at least one poster in the recruiters office that said things like "First to Fight--Join the U.S. Marines", or "We Don't Promise You a Rose Garden!" I'm assuming that you are either Aviation Ordnance or Logistics, so your chance of doing regular standard infantry 0300 tasks are very slim. If deployed you and your squad/platoon may pull "perimeter guard duty". All of this was explained to you when/before you signed the contract by the Recruiter. If you want a non-combatant job/MOS then you are in the wrong branch---Remember that every Marine is trained to qualify with and be able to use his Rifle.

The things you posted are true. Morality is a problem, but as someone who works in the civilian world, I can tell you; there is trash everywhere. We as Christians are called to be "Salt and Light"...preserving and illuminating. My son is Active Duty Air Force, and a Christian (and my Daughter-in-law) he just Re-enlisted while in a Hostile-Fire Zone--"Over There". He is an E-5 who will test soon for his E-6 stripe. True about many of the Chaplains, but what to do about that...? Leave,bail-out? Or,be Salt and Light? Start a Bible Study Group and/or find a good Bible trusting/Christ preaching Church near the Base...My son attended a good Baptist Church in the small town next door to his former AFB in Missouri. Seek and Ye shall find!

Here is a section of Scripture that is very germaine to this Thread and I hope you will read it and find encouragement. Have you ever heard of King David and his mighty men, or David's Men of Valor? Please look at 2 Sam. 23:8-39 and also 1st Chronicles chapter 11 thru chapter 12 verse 18. These men were warriors that served The Lord! Carry on Marine, out.