View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:28 AM

I have a chart in a book somewhere at home that lists numerous anatomy comparisson points between herbi, carni and omnivores, and despite our 4 canines, versus all the other tooth types in our mouths that are perfect for herbs, apparently all the other comparissons point to humans being herbivores, with an adaptation to be able to consume meats also.
After all God did know we'd eat meat eventually, but that doesn't mean its the best thing for our bodies.
Now, animal foods would have been far far safer before our modern age of hormones, steroids, chemicals, pasturizing, etc; but today they are the leading causes of illnesses.

When I went vegan, I never ever felt sickly, I lost 80lbs in 6 months, without working out (I was almost 300lbs to begin with). And to be quite honest, I havn't seen sick once in almost three years. Once during that time I thought I caught the flu from a bunch of kids next door, and I continued helping out at their house, they were all really sick. I however only suffered one evening with an achy body, the next day I was fine.
Before I changed my diet, I used to get every symptom in the book, the sinuses, the sore throaght, the aches and headaches, the vomiting, the coughing, the works. But aside from that one time I came close, my body has fought off everything so well I didn't even know if I caught something.
Now, I'm not really in great shape, because of my lifestyle, I don't get nearly enough exercise, but I eat well, and avoid all the poisons, and I've never felt healthier.
I'm looking forward to spring so I can get my bike back out on the streets, get more exercise after work.

I've been convinced from my readings that all animal products and processed foods are utter poison for the body, with rare exceptions.
I also beleive that cooking any vegetable, (and meat for that matter) anything over 108 degrees F completely destroys any and all available vitamins and proteins, leaving only the heat-resitant minerals.
Synthetic and dead vitamin supplements are useless to a living body, as they cannot actually be metabloized.
Did you know a burger patty takes 4 days to get passed through your body?

Here's something interesting: why do we drink cow milk?
a human baby, drinking his mother's breastmilk increases in body mass by approx 1/4 during its first year of life.
A mother's breastmilk changes consistancy throughout the time that the baby requires it, because God miraculously designed it to supply exactly what the baby requires as different stages of his growth are undergone.
A baby cow (calf) drinks its mother's uddermilk and increases in body mass by 4X during its first year. The cow's uddermilk is designed to increase growth exponentially, but even the calf weanes from milk at the appropriate time.
How come no other animals continue to drink mother's milk after their weaning, let alone the milk from another animal? We're the only ones. (not that we're actually animals, but you get my point.)

Anyways, there are tons of other things that could be said about nutrition, one could study their whole life and never get it all learnt.

Check out Kent Hovind's video called the Bible and Health for more info, great place to start. You can find the torrent file from most torrent searchers.