View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 10:06 PM

Thank you everyone. You know, I had hoped to include a Psalm in this post, but alas I can't choose one. Are they not all worthy to be continually quoted!

Ok, wait, I have one. I will only quote the first part because it's a mountain of a gem.

Psalms 18:2-7 (KJV) The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.

I cried as I read this psalm. My God is going to come down from His throne in heaven someday because He's heard our cries and praises! This is our great hope! I can find comfort in this in this dark and perverse generation.

A fool for Jesus,
Stephen