View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
rbratt

peopleoftheway and Scott,

Thank you for the posts. I appreciate the info.

I am going to go through the parallel Bible I have at home, when I get back from Chicago. I will reference this thread. Actually there are quite a few very good links on the this site's home page as well. Just because I am skeptical doesn't mean I am against you. We are told to test to see if what we hear is from God. Some of us just need more test I guess.

In my time reading the NIV exclusively (which I did for a while) I was never under the impression that Christ wasn't born of a virgin. That line now has my attention and will look closely at it. However I do think that if you look at a certain work (the NIV for instance) in a slanted (good or bad) light you can make mountains of molehills.

The Godhead quote for example didn't change the meaning of the verse to me. I understood the Message (the same way you laid it out from the KJV) from reading the NIV. To be honest though, the Trinity is a whole seperate topic for me. Which I will fully investigate more, and don't need to get into here.