View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 06:30 PM

Brother George, the entire article on "Limited Atonement" was outstanding and provides strong Biblical defense of the faith which was once delivered unto us. Thank you for "earnestly" contending for THE faith.

I was especially moved by this.

Quote:
You wrote: Words are strange and peculiar things. Our Lord and Saviour is described as “The Word”.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Why would God choose to describe The Son as “The Word”, unless He was trying to convey to us that there is a constant, persistent, enduring, indissoluble, permanent, perpetual, everlasting, and eternal connection between “The WORD” and God’s “words”?
I believe that when we fully understand the power and the preeminence of the Lord Jesus Christ, we can believe nothing short of what the Holy Scripture clearly proclaims.

What type of "love" limits the atonement for my (our) sin to only an "elected or chosen" group of sinners? Yes, God is indeed Sovereign and can do as He chooses without any consultation or protest from me, but I am so thankful, grateful, and humbled that He included me in the whole, every, whosoever, and all plan of redemption.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Brother George. The Lord Jesus Christ that I know is the incarnate WORD and cannot be disconnected from God's written word. Personally, the written word is more powerful, alive, and understood when I purpose to make that connection.

How can a person truly know the grace, power, and sufficiency of Jesus Christ without fully believing He died for "all" men and that "whosoever" believes in and receives Him is saved?
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Thank you again for your labor of love.