View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard.Strickland View Post
The verse has a condition to it, if.

Now, before you all get flared up and stiffed necked, I believe: once saved always saved, unconditionally.
No body is getting stiffed necked. Be careful, brother.

Yes. the word IF is indeed conditional. Read carefully.
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
What is your perception of God? How much light is in Him?
1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
Now would that mean no darkness ever? Never? At all? I think that is exactly what the words mean.

Now IF you walk in the light "as he is in the light" how are you personally going to accomplish that? Good deeds? Good works? Good effort? By diligent faith? Are you that convinced apart from Jesus Christ alone you can actually walk in the light as, or in the same manner of, God Himself?

According to your view, one must conclude that the instant you are not walking in the light "AS he is in the light" the blood of Jesus is no longer cleansing you. Are you positive you've confessed your sins? All of them? If not, you aren't forgiven or cleansed from all unrighteousness. Which is it? Are you in the light or in darkness.

If we walk in the light it's because we believe in and receive the Lord Jesus Christ. Not because I produce stellar works of glorious light and perfectly holy and pure deeds that somehow measure up to and match the light of God Himself. I am in the light because Christ is in me.

Now that I am in the LIGHT the Bible exhorts me to walk as a child of light.
Ephesians 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: