Thread: Bad tracts
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandy1650 View Post
Brother, that is the best piece of selectively quoting someone I have ever seen. I believe just the opposite of what the Church of Christ teaches. The difference between a lost Campbellite and a Christian who has been saved by the grace of God is a Campbellite tries to live right in order to be saved. A Christian tries to live right as a result of salvation! If I did not make that clear I apologize. Christ didn't die for your unbelief. He died for your sins!

1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

A man in some remote jungle that has never heard the gospel does not go to hell because of "unbelief." He goes to hell because he is an adulterer, murderer, thief, liar etc. He will be judged according to the deeds he as done in the flesh (Romans 2:3-6).

The answer to the sin problem is exactly what Jesus said. "Repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mark 1:15). I preach the same message the apostle Paul did.

Act 20:19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
Act 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,
Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
I apologize for mixing my Tandis(Tandys) up. Besides doing a little business with Tandy Leather, I get confused sometimes my friend. Plus mistaking you for our sister who keeps Torah and loves to bid goodbye in an unknown tongue adds to the confusion.

'...begin working to get to heaven" is not selective, it's a red flag to those of us who were raised and deceived in these cults but I guess it's my fault for not rightly dividing the Scriptures. I apologize if you took any offense at my response, and it takes time to get to know each other and manner of speaking here in the forum.

Grace and peace to you.

Tony