View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 AM

Lightbulb Answer to Thread Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelownaJim View Post
I would like some input on the King James Study Bible (thomas nelson). I bought years ago - have been using my son's Personal size (not so heavy) & am enjoying it.
Hello KelownaJim:--- The "King James Study Bible" was printed by Thomas Nelson Pubs. It had notes and introductions to the Books of the Bible and other standard reference helps. The Intro and many/most of the notes were written by the late Pastor Jerry Falwell and many of the pastors/teachers/professors of the Thomas Road Baptist Church and the college that they sponsor, Liberty University. It takes the Pre-Mil/Pre-Trib Rapture viewpoint on eschatology (study of Last Things), is Dispensational and is heavily Arminian.

It was sent to people who had donated money to "The Old-Time Gospel Hour". Also sent to folks (like me) who had purchased the Liberty Home Bible Study Course.

If someone ever asks me (and even if they don't ask) to recommend a Study or Reference Bible, it would be: The Open Bible (K.J-A.V.) by Thomas Nelson Pubs. because of it's Cyclopedic Reference with Thousands of entries, it's very good Book introductions, and the Very Good "Christian Life Study Notes and Outlines". They also present 4 views of Eschatology and let the reader decide.

Next would be one that's been around for many years: Thompson Chain-Reference Bible. Much info and many helps for the reader. If you are interested you can Google their website.

Hope this answers your question.