View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvw View Post
I believe that those words have a specific meaning behind, and that you can search the scriptures and find something that has to do with those words and it would be exactly that which He was talking about.

Quote:
The marriage and the virgins are as clear as crystal unless you're trying to shove them into the Millennium, which they aren't in the Millennium.
I don't believe you. I believe Matthew.

Matthew 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Matthew 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

Are you telling me that Millennium is not "kingdom of heaven"?

I know what you're talking about: marriage of the church in heaven before the second coming. I have held that years ago and have repeatedly read Bancroft, Scofield, Larkin, and Ruckman on that issue.

You know what's the problem? The Bible says the "kingdom" is the "marriage".

Theological system vs. PLAIN SCRIPTURE

I don't have to force the Millennium into Matthew 22 and Matthew 25 for it is what it says: "kingdom of heaven". On the other hand, you are trying "to shove" the church into this parable, which is not.

Quote:
The virgins are the Tribulation Jews, and the marriage happens just before the Second Advent before the Millennium kingdom gets set up.
I've read that point-of-view, but notice the NUMBER: "TEN". Ten is a GENTILE number.

Compare that with "TWELVE" (Rev. 21; Mat. 10; Rev. 12), which is ISRAEL.