View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 10:15 PM

Brother Kiwi, sorry for my long posts; but at least you see why (as Brother Chette) I had to change my position back then.

On this issue, it certainly not that easy to disregard my Elemental Theology, Christian Theology, and Systematic Theolgy, as well as Cambron, Evans, Willmington, Scofield, Bancroft, Schafer, Larkin, Ruckman (my greatly admired KJB preacher), etc. I am also very much aware of the extremes of Bullinger, Welch, Baker, Stam, and others.

Now, opening my KJB, I see once and for all the King James Bible's BUILT-IN DEFINITION and SELF-INTERPRETATION of its OWN WORDS.

What Paul was talking about in Romans ("married"), 2 Corinthians ("virign"), and Ephesians ("wife") is the Body of Christ (Eph 5:30-32).

What John the Apostle was writing about (and John the Baptist is preaching about) when he talks about the bride and the bridegroom is literally:

ISRAEL
John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

John 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

THE HOLY CITY, NEW JERUSALEM
Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,