View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Slatts, I have to second Paul's admonition. Wrong is wrong, no matter who is involved, and you are stepping way over the line of godly rebuke into taunting and name-calling. Some of these of whom you speak are true brethren, though terribly misguided. Some are wolves, intent on tearing the sheep. The attacks won't diffuse them.

I do look forward to speaking with you face-to-face, but I cannot let your post stand unanswered.

I will agree with both Brothers here, there are definitely some misguided brethren on that forum and as Tim stated there are plenty of wolves as well, but it is best to withdraw from them that are intent on trouble and avoid those who cause strife and division. To call them names is only adding fuel to the fire.
I don't know what they have said to you or emailed you about but we shouldn't match railing for railing only railing with rebuke (scriptural rebuke)

1 Peter 3:8-9 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

It is hard I know not to let the carnal man take over when people are so vile and nasty to us, but as I am ever learning we heap coals of fire on their heads by not railing them back.

Proverbs 25:21-23 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

Romans 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.