View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 08:22 PM

Well in that case you have to go-it-alone. The gospel must be preached with or without him. God commands ALL of us to preach the gospel brother. When it seems like you are alone (like Elijah felt-false feeling thought) keep doing right. You better not be waiting on your pastor to give you permission to witness because at the Judgement Seat of Christ we can't point to others. If you are a babe find someone to go with you. Heck if you lived close we'd have to have to get together and tear up the town for Jesus Christ so they'd would have know that there hath been a prophet among them.

I feel bad for you. My church is not perfect either on some issues I believe are important. I have been contemplating going elsewhere for around 2 years but God has left me handfulls of purpose it seems. I wish I was back in Pensacola at times where the fellowship was sweet and we had like minded brothers at every turn. But God has us in specific places at specific times like Esther,

Esther 4:14
14-... and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

I'll be praying for you. Feel free to email me with your salvation doubts. I think you need to get that squared away so that won't interfere with your witnessing. How can you tell others about how to be saved if you aren't sure yourself? I wen't through doubting my salvation around 12 years ago and got it settled by the word of God.

1 John 5:10-13
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. (Do you have the Son?)
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

If you have the Son you HAVE eternal life. You recieve the Son by faith. By believing that Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose from the grave.