View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:20 AM

Hi Chette, I'm back.

I don't believe brothers in Christ should argue or debate, so that is not why I keep coming back to this thread. I sincerely believe the Gap Theory is an error.

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

It is very difficult for a Gap theorist to get around this very simple and straightforward verse of scripture. And this was what God wrote on the Ten Commandments with his very finger! This verse says heaven (Gen 1:1) was included in the six day creation, and all that in them is. So this would include Satan and the angels.

You cannot add any days between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2 because then the creation account would be longer than six days. In fact, according to most Gap theorists, the gap could have been thousands, millions, or even billions of years.

The Gap Theory was invented because the Church allowed science to intimidate it. All these falsely "so called" scientists were telling everybody the world and all life evolved over billions of years. So some in the Church tried to reconcile the Bible with science. We should never do that. The Bible is true no matter what science claims. And sooner or later true science (which exists) will come around and agree with the Bible. That has happened many times. Today, even evolutionists are admitting there is much evidence for a young earth. They can't deny it, there is too much real evidence.

Now, when you go around telling everybody there was a great gap between Gen 1:1 and 1:2, you are in effect calling God a liar. That may sound harsh, but what else could you call it? So, think about that.

The Gap Theory says there was death before Adam. But the Bible says sin entered the world by Adam. And death by this sin.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

OK, the Bible says sin entered the world by a man, not an angel. Vs. 14 says death reigned from Adam to Moses, but if the Gap Theory is correct, then death reigned well before Adam was created until Moses.

The Bible says Adam was the first man.

1 Cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

The Gap Theory claims there were some sort of hybrid angelic men on the earth. They certainly had to be mortal men if God destroyed them by making the earth "without form and void" as your theory demands. Destroying the world would have no effect on angels or Satan. And we know Satan is still around today and will be to the end. So, destroying the earth had no effect on him or the other angels.

So, if there were mortal men on the earth between Gen 1:1 and 1:2, then 1 Cor 15:45 is false.

This is just the beginning, I could go on and on. Don't you see how contrary to the scriptures this theory is?

Six day creationists do not have to twist the scriptures, it is simple and staightforward. It doesn't contradict many other verses in the Bible the way the Gap theory does.

I would think seriously think about this theory. I wouldn't listen to what other men say, listen to what the scriptures say.