View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
By the way, I believe in:
1. Speaking in tongues when you talk in different languages to preach the completed Word of God.
2. Prophesying when it means "forth telling" the completed Word of God.
3. Healing as an answer to prayer according to the completed Word of God.
But:
1. There is no GIFT OF TONGUES today for we already have the completed Word of God.
2. There is no extra-biblical PROPHECIES needed today for we have the completed Word of God.
3. There is no GIFT OF HEALING of "ALL KINDS OF SICKNESS AND ALL KINDS OF DISEASES" as was done in Matthew 4 when there was not yet the completed Word of God, for the complete revelation tell us in 2 Corinthians 12 that God's GRACE IS SUFFICIENT (gift of healing is not) and that God is able to do above what we ask or think (Eph), and not just merely give what we ask (Mat 7).
According to the completed Word of God, in this age of grace, God may or may not answer our prayer for physical healing for God's grace of salvation is sufficient, whereas under the kingdom program they receive instantaneous answer to there specific prayers for physical healing, but they have to endure and hold on to the end to be saved.
Which one is better?
Physical healing, no eternal security?
or
Eternal security even without physical healing?
I'm complete in Christ. I don't speak in tongues-no gift of healing-no extra-biblical prophesying-no poison drinking - no handling snakes, but I'm saved by the grace of God and nothing shall be able to separate me from the love of Christ. Amen!
Aloha brother Sammy,

Just a short note to your post:

By the way, I believe in:
1. Speaking in tongues when you talk in different languages to preach the completed Word of God. (AMEN TO THAT - George)
2. Prophesying when it means "forth telling" the completed Word of God. (AMEN TO THAT - George)
3. Healing as an answer to prayer according to the completed Word of God. (AMEN TO THAT - George)

But:
1. There is no GIFT OF TONGUES today for we already have the completed Word of God. (How about: "There is no GIFT OF TONGUES today" because the "sign gifts" have ceased because God is not dealing with the nation of Israel - at this time - George)
2. There is no extra-biblical PROPHECIES needed today for we have the completed Word of God. (How about: "There is no extra-biblical PROPHECIES needed today" because the "sign gifts" have ceased because God is not dealing with the nation of Israel - at this time - George)
3. There is no GIFT OF HEALING of "ALL KINDS OF SICKNESS AND ALL KINDS OF DISEASES" as was done in Matthew 4 when there was not yet the completed Word of God, for the complete revelation tell us in 2 Corinthians 12 that God's GRACE IS SUFFICIENT (gift of healing is not) and that God is able to do above what we ask or think (Eph), and not just merely give what we ask (Mat 7). ("There is no GIFT OF HEALING" - Agreed about the "gift" & "healers" but again, How about: The "sign gifts" have ceased because God is not dealing with the nation of Israel - at this time - George)

According to the completed Word of God, in this age of grace, God may or may not answer our prayer for physical healing for God's grace of salvation is sufficient, whereas under the kingdom program they receive instantaneous answer to there specific prayers for physical healing, but they have to endure and hold on to the end to be saved.
Which one is better? (I'm with you on most of what you said - But how about: According to the word of God, "in this age of grace", God is not obligated to perform any physical signs, miracles, or wonders - because we (Christians) are to walk by "Faith" and not by "Sight". We are not Jews, who could "require" signs [1Corinthians 1:22]. We are those who by faith (through the hearing of the word of God) have received Salvation through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - We cannot require signs, etc. for: "the just shall live by faith" - NOt sight.)

Physical healing, no eternal security?
or
Eternal security even without physical healing?

I'm complete in Christ. I don't speak in tongues-no gift of healing-no extra-biblical prophesying-no poison drinking - no handling snakes, but I'm saved by the grace of God and nothing shall be able to separate me from the love of Christ. Amen! (Amen and amen to that brother!)

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy Word,

George (My comments in Italics)