View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 03:57 PM
BrianT

Hi Scott,

Quote:
The source has been outlined, it is the Word of God.
And yet KJV-only supporters disagree on doctrine. The point of the original post is that if you have any doctrine wrong, you are a "heretic". So when KJV-only supporters disagree on doctrine, how do we determine which (if any) are not a heretic?

Hi Forrest,

Quote:
BrianT--I will gladly consider differing views on Doctrine with a "brother" who "believes" the word of God is preserved, in the English language, in the 66 books found in the Authorized King James Bible.
It's simple. God is all authority. God said He would preserve every word. I believe that He preserved His authoritative written word in the King James Bible.
I believe the same thing, I just do not believe it was preserved in the same way you believe it was preserved, and I do not claim my belief as authoritative. I've explained this many times, I don't know why you continue to misunderstand me.

Quote:
But the FIRST issue that must be settled is: DO WE HAVE IN OUR POSSESSION TODAY THE PRESERVED WRITTEN WORD OF GOD, IN THE KING JAMES BIBLE?
No, there is a issue before that which is - is that kind of preservation what scripture meant, and does anyone have the authority to name any specific translation as exclusively God's word? Your "first issue" is based on a presumption, and it's that presumption I question.

Quote:
I cannot discuss, learn, or be edified from someone who has no authoritative scripture.
Then why do you keep responding to me?

The main point of this thread is George's original post, that if you don't have perfect doctrine, you are a heretic. Does anyone here claim to have perfect doctrine? When KJV-only supporters disagree with someone else, who has the authority to decide who is correct and who isn't? For example, there is a KJV-only supporter on this board who I know denies the Trinity. I have opposed him several times in the past on this issue, yet when KJV-only supporters find out, they don't say anything to him simply because he is KJV-only. That is a farce and a shame in my opinion.