View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 06:47 AM
grace to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
Are you saved by your faith in Christ?
No , your faith is a work Jn.6:28-29 In John 6 The question was asked ; What must we do [ The dictionary definition of a work is something that you do or did ] that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered them , This is the work of God , that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. Its pretty plain in that text that faith is a work . Paul speaking in 1 Thess. 1:2-3 says ; We give thanks to God always for you all , making mention of you in our prayers ; Remembering without ceasing your work of faith [ its also pretty obvious here also that faith is a work ] and labor of love , and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ , in the sight of God and our father. Love also is described as a labor , and labor is work . We are not saved by our faith , it is a token or evidence that we already have eternal life , our faith is a fruit of the Spirit as seen in Gal.5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, its the evidence that we have the Holy Spirit.
Notice also about love being called a labor and it is also a fruit of the spirit , which is evidence that we have the Holy Spirit . We don't believe or love [ work ] to get saved , it is the evidence that we already are , John 5: 24 says ; Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Notice the tenses for these words , heareth and believeth [ present tense ]
hath [ past tense ] everlasting life and is passed [ past completed action ]
from death unto life . if you are hearing and believing you already possess eternal life .