Thread: Dr. Ruckman
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 10:33 PM
ok.book.guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
He also adds his own quirky doctrines to the issue of the KJV defense. Doctrines such as the re-inspiration of the KJV or the KJV translators, and the correction of the Hebrew and Greek (ie. new revelation in the KJV not found in the preserved manuscripts underlying the KJV).

This is quite true. Whereas the truth lies in the fact that the KJV is the english revelation of God's word and the TR is the greek revelation of God's infallible word.

One must keep from the extreme of Ruckman, one must go closer to it than many TR defenders. Gary Hudson is an example of a very terrific TR defender who does not go far enough. He is not alone. He is representative of many TR defenders. He is upfront with his hearers and comes right out to say there are mistakes in the KJV which should be corrected by the TR.

That is an example (of many) TR defenders who need to step closer to Ruckman's point of view. Ruckman is fearless in this. I take advantage of his courage in the lion's den and apply it to the truth and avoid his false extreme.

That's the reason I don't throw Ruckman out. i.e. I still have room for him in my KJV defenders hall of fame.

He is an extremist, he is a hyper-dispensationalist, he is an advanced revelation man, he is a KJV-corrects-the-TR man. But he is still a marvellous example of courage in his fearless presentation of the truth (when he's not presenting his extremes that is).

I have an excellent couple of his debates on video. One against a TR defender, and one against an NIV man. In both of these nice videos, he never goes off the deep end (not wanting to give his opponents an easy target). And he gives them both a mighty greek grammar lesson. Really takes'em to school. I love those two videos. So, I'm glad I retained Ruckman to this extent (no further though). And I'm certainly not an apologist for Ruckman and I'm not going to misrepresent his extremes nor deny them.