View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Bro. Parrish

Welcome Nasil, and thank you for your beautiful story.
Couple of challenge points for you which I have given to many new believers...

First, If you have not yet done it, I would like to encourage you to read the entire Bible, start with the New Testament and read a little every day at your own pace, but DON'T STOP READING until you have read the entire thing. Ask God's Holy Spirit to teach you His truth.

Also I want you to memorize the 66 book titles of the Bible, starting with Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, etc... memorize all 66 book names, you probably have a list in the index of your Bible, if not here is a link to them:
http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?ver=kjv

Many people have memorized dozens of pagan songs by heart, but never take time to memorize any of the Bible. This is a simple thing but I have challenged all my students to do this and it really helps them become more familiar with the Bible. When it comes to backsliding, there is an old saying; that Book will keep us from sin or sin will keep us from that Book. God has a great plan for your life. The King James Bible is our blueprint for success, God bless you as you seek His will for your new life in Christ.