View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I've always said God "allowed" my illness...not that He "gave" my illness
Of course Brother, "allowed" is a much better way to put it.
I remember when I was away from the Lord, walking in the world, living like the world , frustrating myself, despising myself, literally ruining myself and finding no "chink" of light, no satisfaction, no hope in my life...I took my Bible from the cupboard that it had been in for a long while, to my shame it was too long. As I Opened the pages and read....

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

THAT WAS IT! all the seeking from within myself, looking to Doctors, friends, family, anyone to help me with how I felt, and there it was staring me in my face! The Lord Jesus Christ was still there, all I had to do was go to him.
In that moment that instant I was drawn back to my Lord, by the power of His word, it was so clear now and I, on my knees crawled to the cross with the filthy rags that were my life and left them at his Glorious feet, while my faith had been shaken, shattered and diminished beyond my recognition, the Lord was always there on the cross for my shame, waiting for me to come unto him when I needed him the most, now that's FAITH! He didn't turn me away for my back slidden ways, like the Father and the prodigal Son, he fell on my neck and kissed me, not judging me but welcoming me home, back on the right track, the narrow way

Luke 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

My iniquities had taken me as far from my Lord as I though I could have ever been, but that was just not the case, for he was always there , I just chose in my own selfish ways not to Call on him. This is why I have the belief in another thread about Christs faith, my own had faltered, faded, somewhat dissappeared, but Christs hadn't, nor couldn't!

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

And I am certain my faith will waver from time to time, I cannot attain perfection, no, not in this life, but while we either remain faithful, or lack the faith to feel like a christian, a Child of God, the Lord has the faith as a parent, as a Saviour, as our God to look after us no matter where we stray and for how long

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Quote:
For me, the word of truth became fresh, new, alive, powerful, and personal again when Jesus Christ became the one love of my life. He is my best Friend. God has used (perhaps as brother Steve said) gave me a disability to teach me this life changing message.
Your right Brother and I am always encouraged by your posts, for more often they remind me to look to The Lord Jesus Christ for all my needs, to humble myself and accept I am an unworthy wretch who can do nothing without Christ, and I look to him as a helpless child looks to their Father in all faith and acceptance.

Mark 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein

Soon Brother we may all that are his own, behold the Glory of the Lord, in all his Majesty and splendour, to "just be" at his blessed feet for eternity to eternity

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Revelation 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he
himself.
Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 04-28-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: terrible spelling