View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 01:07 AM

Good replies and glad to see some civility in these posts amongst those who disagree.

I know God knows are mental makeup. and seeing that we all know we are saved often men's minds are the grounds of fertile thinking. If anything is good about coming to God with our faults and sins is to help our minds deal with the facts we are struggling and growing. Men need their bouncing board and for Christians rather than it be our wives or workmates God is the best one to go to.

I don't see it so much as confession for forgiveness, though we may confess, it is more for our own mental health and growth in Christ's image. those things are daily and we are to participate. so I see it a a good practice and as we put more and more of God's word together on this I think we will learn that God is not against it as far as we are dealing with the issue of growth and not with the issue of Salvation. It is more about getting to a place where we are contrite and broken so we can put on more of Christ and put off more of ourselves.