View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Pastor Mikie

Just to be clear...

I'm not suggesting Amos 8:11 only means what I'm stating. I'm just suggesting the Bible version issue has caused a "famine' of sorts.

Look at how much fornication goes on in the church because the newer "Bibles" replace the word "fornication (that is specifically defined)" with the phrase "sexual immorality (with subjective meaning)".

I preached a message entitled "Insulting God" proclaiming we insult God by "shacking-up" and not marrying according to God's plan, being guilty of fornication. At the Altar, a woman was sobbing profusely because she had "moved-in" with her boyfriend not believing it was wrong, because all her "friends" said it was a socially acceptable thing to do. So, it wasn't esteemed by her and her friends that it was "sexually immoral" (she's since married to make it right).

People are hungry for God's Word and they are getting a counterfeit. It's like being hungry for food and only getting a picture of food. The hunger remains, even though eating paper can fill you up.