View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 08:59 PM
gophgetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I hope Gophgetter wont mind my answering the same questions he asked Geo. I am not answering for George. but the answers are really clear to us who rightly divide.

Answer to Question 1: Paul was speaking to believer that they would indeed suffer early physical death if they continued in fleahly lusts and sins. see his teaching in 1 Corinthians 11:28-30 "But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. they were in unconfessed and repented sinful activities and were taking the Lord cup in vain". All these are under the Gospel of Grace.

Answer to Question 2: James is speaking to beleivers under the Kingdom gospel in the preparation for the Kingdom in early acts and the Great Tribulation. during which time faith must have works the Kingdom Gospel. James big theme. .

Answer to Question 3: In the Kingdom is was the same as if a watchman failed to warn a person he was resposible for that mans blood with his own life. read Jerimiah. Even in this dispensation or age we should do our best to reach people with the Gospel. the you shall save a soul from death statement, well even James knew only Christ saves. but it is the duty of believer in that Age to help one another to live right because if they didn't have the works to prove their faith they were not going to heaven. again they are under the Kingdom Gospel found in the Gospel preparation for the kingdom that is at hand, and the tribulation.

Answer to Question 4: Peter is talking to beleivers under the Kingdom Gospel of faith plus works again like questions 1 and 2.

Answer to Questin 5: 1) we should as Christians strive to be at peace with all men. 2) we are commanded to forgive men as God has forgiven us for Christs sake. 3) unforgiveness will not keep any one in this age or dispensation from being saved seeing that is secured in Christ work not ours. Matthew falls under the Kingdom Gospel and need works to accompany faith. A teaching that is preparing the Jews-Hebrews-Israelites for the Kingdom Promise to David.

Learnig a proper way to rightly divide will clear up a whole lot of confusion in your teachings/sharings/understandings etc...
As George had shown in another post there are three application to all scripture but they can only fall under one of them, Historical, Spiritual, and Doctrinal. by learning which of your verse falls under for this age will help also clear up your confusion.
Chette,

You said that the death that Paul was speaking of in Rom. 8:13 was speaking of physical death if they continued in fleshly lusts and sins. If he is speaking of physical death then he is also speaking of physical life when he said "but if you, through the Spirit, do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live". Do you really believe that Paul is teaching those in the church at Rome that they can live forever in the flesh? Paul is speaking of eternal life just as he is referring to eternal death if those believers live after the flesh. Why would Paul be warning them about physical death as a consequence, since all human beings face physical death, saved or unsaved? You can add the word "early" if you want to, but that is not rightly dividing the word, it is adding to the word.

Let me deal with your answers to questions #2,#3 and #4 together. You speak of a Gospel of Grace and a Kingdom Gospel. In other words, according to you, there are two different gospels. I don't know what book you got this from, but this idea is not found in the scriptures. There is not a gospel for the Jews and another gospel for the Gentiles. There is only one gospel. There is only one faith. The Gospel is the same for the Jew and Gentile. Consider the following verses.

Acts 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

You will notice that even us Gentiles are built upon the foundation of the 12 apostles and the prophets. So much for this idea that the 12 apostles teachings were for the Jews and Paul's teachings were for the Gentiles. Do you guys actually believe that Paul's teachings contradict the 12 apostles teachings? Where you got this from, I have no idea, but one thing I do know. You didn't get it from the Bible. Chette, you have not answered these questions, you have explained them away. Why is it that when people who believe "once saved, always saved" are confronted with a scripture that clearly goes against this doctrine, they have to get their dictionaries, commentaries and books to explain these verses and call it "rightly dividing the word of truth"? But when you ask these same people about their favorite verses that they quote so often, they will tell you these verses mean exactly what they say. Sounds like convenient reasoning to me, not rightly dividing the word of truth.

Peace