Thread: Colleges
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:11 PM

Default Bump!

Hi there! Saw your post "back-when" and waited for someone to reply to you but, alas, no help. I don't have a fer-shur, gaar aan teedd suggestion, but I'll give you and your husband some tips and ideas. Remember that not all (shall we say- Most?) Colleges/Schools/Institutes use the A.V.-K.J. Only, so if that is your main criteria, be prepared to do some relocating/moving.

If you can live with that, then I could recommend "The Master's College"/Seminary in So. California. The program and course of study is solid and not "fluffy". They use the NASB. I've heard some of their teachers/profs./students preach and they are pretty solid. Downside is the rents in Smogifornia are very $$$. Also you will need an automobile!

Another school that has been around awhile and seems "OK" is Pennsacola Christian College. They are in Florida. They have a real campus with buildings and chairs (not just a P.O.Box-).

Another one is Shasta Bible College in Northern California. Their "Statement of Faith" sounds good. {I came across them while Googling "Christian Bible Colleges".}

A.) MAKE SURE that the College/University is Accredited by some REAL agency/group. {Not themselves} You will waste losts of Tuition if the institution is NOT a real Degree granting place of Higher Education. Especially if your husband wants to teach some place in the future. I knew a young woman who went to a pentecostal-based college in So.Cal. for 4 years and then found out that they were not accredited, so she could only get a teaching job at elementary schools affiliated with that group. No State wide teaching certificate! She moved back to Montana...very unhappy.

B.) Be aware that some "independent fundamental baptist schools/colleges" are a bit short on doctrine/scholarship/library books, and rather looong on memorizing a few favorite verses. Read the Curriculum brochure from the college. Look at the Textbooks that they have on their Reading list.

C.) Ask about Living quarters/Food/Laundry/Possible part-time jobs/Grants-Scholarships. Make sure they hold to the Truth of Genesis 1:1, and John 14:6!

KJVgal:---Hope this helps you and your husband.