View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 09:32 PM
textusreceptusonly

"I believe that Jesus went to hell." Then that's where you're going, because Jesus Himself said he went to paradise. You don't believe Jesus, and John 3:36 says "he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him," that is, he that does not beleive what the Son says.

"By hell, I mean the place of torment. This is what the KJB shows." Wrong. The KJV waters down the truth about hell by confusing the words gehenna and hades. It shows Jesus who told the theif "today I will be with you in paradise" as being in hell, thus turning hell into paradise. I suppose we shouldn't fear hell anymore, since it is a paradise according to the false doctrine of KJVonlyism. The fact is, that by properly distinguishing the difference between gehenna (Hell) and hades (not hell) the modern versions rescue the excruciating image of hell that the Bible gives from the candied paradise view of hell that the KJV gives to those who actually read it. Unlike you, BP, many actually read their KJV and notice that Jesus went to paradise and that paradise therefore must be hell since he also went to hell in the KJV. Some throw up their hands and say "contradiction!" and leave Christ. Others, make hell into paradise. Others see that the Greek word is hades and come to the truth on the matter. Others just blaspheme as you do.

Paladin54, hades is in the heart of the earth (Mat 12:40, Eph 4:9) and it is where souls go when they depart, and it is the word that the apostles use for where Jesus went. The word they use for eternal punishment is gehenna. That Jesus didn't go burn in hell for your sins is clear enough from that Paul never mentions anything about it. All we have is Peter quoting the Psalm that Jesus' soul was not left in hades, from which is is clear that Jesus soul went to hades first and then came out, which Paul also references in Ephesians 4:9 as that to ascend he must first have descended to "the lower parts of the earth." But nobody in Scripture ever says (as that heretic John Calvin) that "If Jesus had died a physical death merely, it had been nothing. It was necessary also that he suffer in hell." Such is mere blasphemy. Paul asks the Galatians who has bewitched them that they beleive another gospel when he set forth Christ among them as crucified (Gal 3:1) not as bar-b-qued. If Paul had set forth a roasted Christ for their salvation, why doesn't he say "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, charbroiled-in-hell among you?"?????

Last edited by textusreceptusonly; 05-11-2008 at 09:35 PM.