View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 04:11 AM
grace to me

Who is the elect of Romans 9? Jesus, angels, Jacob or Israel, Gentiles, the world, or the Church?

Rom.9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen [ jews ] according to the flesh:
4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel [ children of the promise ] , which are of Israel [ the nation of israel ]:

verse 7 explains this just because they are abrahams seed or jews they aren't children ,[its not because of their lineage ]
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed