View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 02:48 PM

Default Re: "Tandi's Questions"

Quote:
"I have another question for you, or any who are reading.......

How should I answer a friend who claims that Jesus did not consider the Scriptures inerrant? Any zingers that clearly refute this? Also, could you direct me to resources/articles/posts concerning Biblical Inerrancy that are clear and concise? What are the best "zingers" for those who scoff?"

Shalom,
Tandi
Aloha Tandi,

I believe that our brother "Debau" answered your first question as well as anyone could.

As to Biblical "inerrancy", if you search through http://av1611.com/kjbp/ you will find lots of articles and essays (by various authors) dealing with the accuracy of the King James Bible. Brother John Hinton is especially good on those topics he covers (he probably is at home in a dozen languages or more!).

On the AV1611 Bible Forum: The Thread - The Inspiration of Scriptures By Moses LemuelRaj {Secunderabad, India} are some of the best essays I have read on the "inspiration" of Scripture.

As to your last inquiry: "What are the best "zingers" for those who scoff?" I wouldn't waste my time with "scoffers" (Sophists). They have no interest in the truth, they are only interested in criticism and debate. There is no profit in trying to convince a "scoffer" of God's Truth:

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Proverbs 29:20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Proverbs 15:32
He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.

The following "counsel" is as appropriate today as it was in Solomon's day:

Proverbs 22:20 Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
21 That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?