View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Connie

Quote:
That's nonsense. If that were true, then the proliferation of modern versions would 1. not be based on utterly false and corrupt manuscripts and 2. not be so prolific. We have "just one more" new translation every six months or a year. A lack of updates to the KJV is not to blame for itching ears and a spirit of error.
What I mean is that if a true updated King James had been done that people felt were more accessible, it would be chosen by more churches or at least more individuals. My hope is that the churches may yet wake up, or at least many more individuals, and I honestly do think that there is an unnecessary stubbornness on the KJB-only side that is contributing just as much as itching ears to the current situation -- a fleshly stubbornness, not a Spirit-led discernment. I hate to think of the millions who are being deceived into accepting the corrupt versions. It's not ALL itching ears, there are people who are simply being misled by their leaders -- leaders who usually preach good doctrine, in my opinion though probably not the strictest KJB-onlyers' opinion, and I honestly believe some of this situation is the fault of the latter.

Bro Tim may be right that it's simply impossible to get a true update in any case, but I find it hard to give up on it. I simply cannot regard language as the fixed thing you all do. There are many ways to say exactly the same thing in any language. I have plenty of reasons to want to see the KJB remain as close to the original as possible nevertheless, mainly that changes can be as much of a stumbling block as archaic language.