View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 05:29 PM

Aloha Connie,

This has been very instructive and beneficial to me. (The testimony from all of the brethren).

However, let me be real clear - I do not excuse any man for teaching or participating in false doctrine; leaven of any kind; or false teachings. (I wasn't purposely "picking" on women - I was just testifying to what I observed while I attended a Pentacostal church which, by the way, was always pastored by a man.)

I would like to clarify one other thing. You said - and I Quote: "Emphasizing scripture is of course always right, BUT we have to have pastors and teachers to interpret for us, as rightly dividing the word of truth isn't just automatic on hearing or reading the word, and even with study people disagree on the meaning of different parts of scripture."

Pastors/elders/teachers are not called of God to "interpret" the word of God for God's people (although a lot of that goes on today). 2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. (the word "prophecy" means both "foretelling" and "forthtelling").

Elders/pastors/teachers are given to the church of God for the purpose of "feeding" (Primarily); "warning"; "admonishing"; "reproving"; and "rebuking". We should leave the interpretation of the scriptures up to the Holy Spirit. If the Holy Spirit convinces you of a Bible truth - it will "stick"; if I convince someone of a "truth" they may accept it for a while, but if someone comes along who happens to be more "persuasive" than I, that person might be talked out of their faith or belief in God's word.

1John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1John 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

This truth applies not only to men - but includes women also!