View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 12:51 AM

Buzz, the Jack Hyles/Sword Of The Lord crowd emphasis soul winning as the main thing to the exclusion of all other work for God. I believe there many ways we can win souls. The front line soldier may fire his weapon, he needs 10-30 people in the rear area to support his position in the foxhole. He needs food, he needs ammunition. Do not be intimidated by the Guilt Trip Evangelists, many of those never leave home, have never passed out a tract.

My calling for personal evangelism is the street. We had at one time a small street ministry in The Oregon District in Dayton Ohio on Fifth Street, a covey of adult book stores, bars, nightclubs, in an alleged "historical" area of the city. You never know what's going to happen next or what you will meet. The nursing home ministry was not for me, neither was the jail ministry.

Paul said be instant in season and out to answer EVERY man at ANY time in ANY place. If you feel called to the street, then by all means do so. God gave each of us a unique personality with unique talents. One of mine is writing. Another is, as a former bouncer in a biker bar that became a gay bar, I am not afraid of confrontation. I'm a "street" person myself, I am not homeless, but understand the street. Pual was a Pharisee and probably the most weel educated human on earth. He preached Christ crucified in synagogues, in homes, on Mars Hill among the gnostics, anywhere was his pulpit.

Children, young adults, and many adults have their "heroes". John Wayne, Al Pacino, Madonna, etc. One of the few heroes I have is Arthur Blessit, who carried the wooden cross 36,000 miles over the earth. That's a street ministry to me, and Arthur is a man we should emulate if we emulate any.

Grace and peace

Tony Bones