View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Why I Eyes Ya!

Hi there,

In the opening of your thread you wrote: "...but sometimes I still feel I am fighting a losing battle."
I can certainly empathize with that; but don't let it get you down.
After discussions with Mormons/JWs, etc, I ALWAYS feel absolutely drained (and a little 'shaken'!) even if the discussion has been productive.

Our apostle Paul writes:
"Yea, and all who live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12).
I don't believe that this refers only to persecution from humans, but also from devils (Ephesians 6:12).

When we takes a stand and open the King James Bible, devils tremble, get angry and attack. Could this be the reason for feeling 'battle-worn'? Quite possibly.

However, we need not despair; Hebrews 4:12 states:
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword..."
We can know that however battered we feel after such confrontations, the J.W's feel worse.

We have the Word of the Living God.
They have a devil-inspired 'paper sword'.

So, in summary, don't be down on yourself. It's only natural to feel we could do better but Jehovah God does not leave us on our own. We have His sword, the Holy Spirit, and His promise that:

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: IT SHALL NOT RETURN UNTO ME VOID, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it" (Isaiah 55:11).

God Bless, I'll be praying for you