View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Maybe this will help.

Cremation kind of 's me out. But I don't think there are any special Biblical doctrines that instruct us to preserve, imbalm, or not destroy the mortal body. My mom, who is a believer, is doing the cremation thing to save the money.
Your verses are good................will store those away, thanks.

I guess where I'm at is as you stated............just can't put my finger quite on it. Personally knowing I'm going to get a new incorruptable body it don't matter about what happens to this one................, but just wanting to provide help to others is where I'm at. Alot of the veterans as they should still have alot of pride for serving their country, are very honorable men and women in their own right................where if I were to dig or assume would gauge that their thinking it is a dishonor to be cremated verses burial.

Keep in mind that I constantly harp that if your saved your dying in the righteousness that is in Jesus Christ............don't worry about your [current] body because you have no control when it's time to go. Something about that flesh that they can't let go of.

However.......knowing the heathen religions out there practice cremation-- Hinduism, etc. who burn the body because they believe in reincarnation, yet knowing at the same time I can't find anything doctrinally that would cause a Christian not to.

Comparing spiritual things with spiritual things it is evident that God's people practiced burial which would be an example, although not a commandment.

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

1 Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

• Abraham was buried (Genesis 25:8-10)
• Sarah was buried (Genesis 23:1-4)
• Rachel was buried (Genesis 35:19-20)
• Isaac was buried (Genesis 35:29)
• Jacob was buried (Genesis 49:33; 50:1-13)
• Joseph was buried (Genesis 50:26)
• Joshua was buried (Joshua 24:29-30)
• Eleazar was buried (Joshua 24:33)
• Samuel was buried (1 Samuel 25:1)
• David was buried (1 Kings 2:10)
• John the Baptist was buried (Matthew 14:10-12)
• Ananias and Sapphira were buried (Acts 5:5-10)
• Stephen was buried (Acts 8:2)