View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 05:03 PM

I think that there is a reason for every thing that is written in this glorious Book of books. The reason will not contradict any other teachings of the Bible, so looking for something to get all abuzz about is useless. Personally I don't know why these words are the way they are. Knowing the answer to this question will not change what I believe, so I am not to worried about it. Is there something to be gained by understanding why the secretaries (some call them the translators) of God's Words chose to write these Words in the way that they did? I think so. But I, myself, can only attest to the fact that I haven't a clue on this one. Why did Lot offer his daughters to the filthy sodomites in Sodom? And why did God still call him a righteous man (likely because he still believed God and God accounted it to him as righteousness). One can always find things in the Bible to question, but we should be careful which ones we choose to get all bent out of shape about. (2 Timothy 2:23, Titus 3:9)

Peace and Love,
Stephen