View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:02 PM

Default The Kingdoms Compared

This is only an excerpt of a larger presentation I have, hope this helps clarify some things:

Just as there are 3 Heavens, there are 3 kingdoms.
Just as there are 3 persons in the Godhead, there are 3 kingdoms (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
Just as there are 3 parts of our being (body, soul, spirit), there are 3 kingdoms
Just as God views 3 classes of people (Jew, Gentile, Church) there are 3 kingdoms.

The Kingdom of God
The Kingdom of Heaven
The Kingdoms of the world

Christ’s Dual Message
To Jews:
Repent
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matt 4:17

To Gentiles:
Believe the Gospel
“…Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” Mark 1:14-15

The Rejected Kingdom:
“but NOW is my kingdom not from hence…” John. 18:36
“We have no king but Caesar” John 19:15
“Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?” Acts 1:6-8
“I see…the Son of man standing… Then they cried… and stopped their ears…” Acts 7:56-57
“…the Jews…filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming… lo, we turn to the Gentiles” Acts 13:45-49

Do Versus Done:
Kingdom of Heaven
Sermon on the Mount- Blessed are they that do…or don’t do…etc…Matt 5-7
“…he that DOETH…” Matt 7:21

Kingdom of God
“…not of works…” Eph 2:8-9; Titus 3:5
“we are HIS workmanship” Eph 2:10
“ye are God’s husbandry, ye are his building” 1 Cor 3:9
“ye are complete IN him” Col 2:10
Live by faith OF Son of God Gal 2:20

Kingdoms of the world
These are the kingdoms of a sin-cursed and fallen world. Rom 8:22
This sin curse will be lifted in the millennium.
These kingdoms are run spiritually and influenced physically by Satan (god of this world, prince of the power of the air) and his fallen “host of heaven”
These are the kingdoms that Satan offered Christ which are of no interest to Him in their present state. Matt 4:8; Luke 4:5
Christ will reign over these kingdoms AFTER He has judged the world and bound Satan Rev. 11:15

Bible Believers Baptist Church
- Pastor Thomas Mowery