View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=60350

Hi Will. I was googling AV1611 and found this result: "A question about AV1611.com" so I was curious and clicked on it.

A member called Thermodynamic started the thread and says he's been checking out AV1611.com and "It certainly does seem like they are worshipping the KJV and there has been atleast one man who was a staunch KJV who said that the "Word" in John 1:1 shows that God is the KJV. .....".

In his second post on the thread he says "I did not mean to suggest that all (or even most) people who hold a KJVO position worship the King James Bible. However, there does appear to be this "lunatic fringe" out there who have crossed the line into outright idolatry.

I find it offensive that they would claim perfection for a translation that was crafted by purely human effort.

I also find it sad that other groups, like the Trinitarian Bible Society, who hold a moderate KJVO/KJVP position would find themselves lumped into the same class as the idol worshipers at AV1611.com."

I guess you must see a lot of that.

Thanks for all the great information you provide, Will.

Jen
Jen, the glory hath departed the Baptist church many decades ago, particularly after the divisive issue of the Westcott/Hort Jesuit revision of 1885. It's not the believers who hold to the KJV as the final standard who were and are "divisive", it's the Baptist/Protestant/Pentecostal pashas who seem to be pillars who insist the Jesuit text of W/H be used, the text of the Catholic Church, in bible translation. In the Grace movement there are no churches I know of who follow Bullinger, just the "lone wolf" nutcakes who get on the internet and insist in Universal salvation as "dispensational" and try to say the gospel can be "found" in the 12 constelations of the Zodiac. Among the fundamentalist Grace churches planted by and who follow J.C O'Hair and Stam, next to none are KJV believers. Our friend, Pastor Jordan, was president of the Bereans and when he said the KJV was the only Bible they would use, Stam fired him.

As far as opinions of me as "KJVO" or slanderous comments about the forum, I used to put dead babies back together in funeral homes, they neither concern nor bother me. A trip up High Street or Fifth Street would level their karma. We don;t worship a book, we worship He Who preserved it for us. I read the thread and all I see are a gaggle of apostate "baptists" who worship their own opinions, like our Stamite "brethren".

This forum is one of the few places on the web that has people who will stand in someone's face and say, if you don't hold to the standard of a perfect and complete Bible in your hands, you are apostate. Every word in a King James bible is there because God put it there. Sure, we have the Constitutional right to "use the NASB alongside the KJV". Kewl. Why are you using a Catholic bible if you are "baptist"? Because you are not a Baptist, a Grace believer, a Methodist, you're an apostate.

Their comments on us "worshiping" the KJV is the same any Catholic priest will say to you. They worship their own opinions, which are not alive, the words in a KJV are. If they have a problem with "bibliolatry" let them read Psalms 119 and take up the issue with David ben Jesse.

My local Catholic priest once got me in front of a group of people in a local used book store and said I had a Paper Pope. I said I sure do, it is sinless and infallible, your's aint.

Grace and peace sister

Tony