View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revangelist View Post
Having said all that, I want to point out that some people get saved out of very wicked and vile life-styles. We need to make sure we don't "blow them out of the water" with some of our doctrines. We don't want to chase them off. Our goal is to draw them and help them grow.
This is another example of where speaking the truth in love comes in. We absolutely have to be loving and not condemning to these young Christians. I guess you might say, in a sense, meet them where they're at. Don't feed them meat if they're not ready for it. At the same time we can't risk compromising with the world in any way. We want to be yielded to the Holy Spirit and let Him draw them in and help them grow through us. Don't let them grow for awhile by trying to appeal to their emotions and then fall away thinking that what the church offers isn't that much different from what they had.

I've often wondered what is the attraction with jewelry and such? I wear a watch (a cheap one), other than that I have no interest in hanging things all over my body, and definitely not nailing them to my body (piercings, mutilation). I can't even think of a time I thought jewelry made a woman more attractive. Esther was the most attractive even though she chose not to be adorned with anything but what was required of her (not that I actually saw her ).