Thread: KJB summit
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 PM

Default Re: "KJB summit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hi Folks,

If only the autographs "were inspired", if all inspiration is past, then nobody has had a fully inspired Bible ever .. in any time, language or place.

The following is present tense .. "is given"

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,
for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Scripture is given .. today .. and is profitable .. today.

I simply do not understand the reluctance of these summit folks and others to simply declare:

"By the grace of God, I have the 100% pure word of God in my hands, inspired and preserved. The Holy Bible, the Authorized Version, the King James Bible. Readable by the ploughman, and even the scholar. Thank you Lord Jesus for your perfect word."

Shalom,
Steven Avery

Aloha brother Steve,

It's good to see you back. I'm with you 100% on this issue. What (in the world) were these men thinking about - calling for a "KJB Summit"?

In answer to your question - It’s called “RESPECT OF PERSONS”, and there is so much of it going on in “Christian” circles today (and if you will notice lately – more and more of it here on the Forum also) that it’s enough to make a genuine Bible believer “gag”!

Quote:
Oh! Have you “heard” brother so-and-so’s up-to-date sermons on CD? Did you “see” brother anointed-one's latest video? Why don’t you “check out” brother what’s-his-face’s latest book? It’s no longer: “What saith the Scripture”? Today it’s what does “DOCTOR know-it-all” have to say about the issue? This is the “CURSE” of Western Christianity! It’s all about Christian Celebrities, and God and His Holy word are taking 2nd., 3rd., 4th., or even 5th. place!
“Christian Celebrities” have become the “rage” and practically everyone today is following some man! Can you imagine a bunch of so-called Bible believers getting together and holding a “JKB Summit”? I was sent an “invitation” to that summit on June 30th. What did these men hope to accomplish? Were they looking for “UNANIMITY” on the “Which Bible” issue? Or is this just one more official “RELIGIOUS COUNCIL” (made up of the “professionals” & “experts”, i.e. “scribes” & “Pharisees”) that is going to “officially” decide this issue (for the rest of us genuine Bible believers) by “officially” declaring what is “inspired” and what is NOT “inspired”! {I care not what the “religious shysters” have to say. Their “official pronouncements” hold about as much water with me as the latest “papal encyclical”! “. . . . be not faithless, but believing”}

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Proverbs 24:23 These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.

Proverbs 28:21 To have respect of persons is not good: for for a piece of bread that man will transgress.

James 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

James 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Last edited by George; 07-20-2009 at 12:37 PM.