View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Sis, you just gave me more confusion. I thought I understood, after your husband's post - but now I am, again, unsure.

Jassy
The point is just that not even adultery is grounds for divorce for the Christian. However, if a believer is married to an unbeliever and the unbeliever leaves the believer, then the believer is free to remarry to a believer.

In Israel, the adulterous woman and her lover were to be stoned.

Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

So the husband of the adulterous wife would be free to remarry after his wife was stoned to death. I don't know if an adulterous husband was stoned to death and his lover. I'll find out even though no one probably cares except for me!

Fortunately, we are not under the law but under grace. The adulterous spouse doesn't get stoned to death (even though the injured spouse may like the idea at first). No where that I can find do the scriptures say that adultery is grounds for divorce.

Jennifer