View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:14 PM

You guys are twisting a lot of scripture. Cain was not Satan's offspring, he was Adam's son, though he inherited his sinful fallen nature. All unsaved persons are of the Devil, this is why you must be born again as a son of God.

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground. 3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

In verse 4:1 it clearly states that Adam knew Eve his wife and she conceived. When Cain is born Eve said she had gotten a man (singular) from the LORD. So Cain and Abel were not twins. In verse 4:2 we are told Eve bare again. This could have been any amount of time, but most likely it was within several years of Cain's birth as is normal.

And I still believe Cain and Abel were adults when Cain slew Abel as pointed out in verse 3 "in process of time".

As for the phrase "without form, and void" in Jeremiah, that particular verse does not mention Jerusalem. Read for yourself.

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

This particular verse almost seems to be a repeat of Gen 1:2. It mentions the earth as being without form and void (not Jerusalem) and also says the heavens had no light. When was this ever the case? Since God said "Let there be light" the heavens and the earth have always had light. Jerusalem has been destroyed several times, but light did not fail from heaven.