View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
Thanks. Just found out. this forum isnt the place I need to be. Thats all I use is the king James Version. Sorry to say that I still believe that God didnt do away with any gift he offers His children. Than for all your conversation. To God be the glory for each and everything great.
Brother, I would be careful: you must learn to Rightly Divide the Bible (2 Tim. 2:15) and understand where doctrine lines up in scripture and to whom it applies. God didn't tell you to build a boat (Genesis 6), nor did He tell you to sacrifice a lamb on an altar, so taking His command to a group of pork-abstaining, circumcised, temple-worshiping Jews to heal, cast out demons and "bind" doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

This is neither the time nor the place to get into all the doctrinal nitty gritties, as you're having a rough time of it, but the Sign Gifts were only to and for the Jews: every time that something like that happened, there was a Jew present, and God was using that occurrence to teach that Jew something. If you'll stick around, perhaps Bro. George, Bro. Parrish, myself and others can show you where the sign gifts fit into the Biblical timeline, but I understand that now might not be the best time to get into all that.

God bless you brother, and I hope that you make it back by God's grace.