View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
Ain't that the truth!

What always has, and probably always will, bug me, is the fact that 20-50-100 professing Bible-believing Christians come together in the same local church services every week, hear the same sermons, read the same Bible, experience the same blessings when together, yet only a few of them are actively serving the Lord through the church ministries? We can all say amen to the preacher in unison, we can all sing the hymns out loud and praise the Lord, yet only a few turn up on the streets to preach & witness, only a few get to church early and enjoy the extra fellowship & prayer, only a few learn their memory verses every week...I won't rant on.

"What's so hard for us" you ask, I suppose it's that 'dying daily' business that Paul spoke about. The older I grow the more of a mystery other peoples (Christians) hearts are to me.
Matt, let not your heart be troubled. The early church faced the death penalty for merely telling people about Christ and Him crucified. We have become complacent, we seek comfort zones from the hell that daily life is. I thank God people have those comfort zones, but we are first and foremost SOLDIERS.

Some churches refuse to have street ministries because they do not want the "street" people in the church.

Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

If I were Pope I'd first make it excommunication offense for not reading Romans 12 everyday. Read the whole chapter aloud in church, and watch some people fidget.

Gideon looked at troops, he saw men on their bellies drinking, right where I could jump out with a spear and take that man in the back. The men who drank like Doc Ruckman prays, on one knee where he can be on the lookout, he's gonna be up in a heartbeat to fend off any and all attacks.

Romans 12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

I don't have a car right now, I can go nowhere or do anything. I can exhort you folks and edify you, right now this is church to me. I attend a small grace church, I have a hurricane for a home life at the moment with sickness and disobedience by some members, and don;t go all the time. I subsist on a disability income I call Living Hell rather than be "secure socially", and that is given grudgingly, it only took me 18 years to get it. I say, Put Me In Coach, and He seems to find a place for me.

One woman I knew was clinically agoraphobic. She could not take crowds. What did she do? She put tracts in 12 packs of beer in grocery stores. Some of us wanted something for the kids to do, we rented a helium tank, they put tracts in ballons and let them go. Imagine sitting down in front of HBO for a night of TAXICAB CONFESSIONS and you open a beer and there is a Fellowship Tract League tract falls out, GOD'S LAST NAME IS NOT DAMN. I think this woman gloried in her infirmaty and reached someone not normally reachable. I think her rewards will be great. I believe your rewards in heaven are the people you help convert, but that is for another thread.

We can all do something. Uncounted are the years the janitors at Petra in Israel have shoveled bibles into the trash left there by tourists. Sometimes the trash cans are not big enough. Sometimes the Old Latin got out too fast and in too many copies for the Catholic Church to destroy.

We have two large franchise "dollar stores" in this town. The managers at both tell me they will not sell NIVs and NASBs, no profit, too high a wholesale, they sell only KJVs. They say they fly off the shelves.

We need to study the doctrine of Being In Two Places At The Same Time. Jesus was on earth and in heaven at the same time. Our spirits are circumsised and already in heaven before The Father. We are given the Holy Spirit in place of ours, which left us, and a body without a spirit is dead as Paul said to reckon ourselves, but alive to Christ and through him. We need to be reminded we are seated in heavenly places, those people in cardboard boxes and under bridges and also in million dollar homes are not. When White and Kutelik tell us we have no Scriptures, tell them to go tell the Pope, only he is interested in hearing that. the version battle is a flank attack, it is not the main battle, we need to stick to the front line message: Christ and Him crucified. If these Alexandrians preach the gospel it is in contention, bless God for it, Christ IS being preached.

We can all do something. A woman with agoraphobia can come up with something to do, those of us without it can do something too.

Grace and peace to you

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 03-15-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: typos