View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Hello "Sassy" Jassy. (I just could not resist the obvious rhyme.) What is your understanding of these two references?

Psalms 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Psalms 11:5-7 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup. For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

This certainly does not apply to those who are now in Christ and washed by the precious blood. But what about the lost? Does God still hate all workers of iniquity and the wicked and him that loveth violence as the scripture says?
Brother Forrest! That cute little nickname made me laugh!! Thank you for the chuckle! (And sis Jennifer says that she will NEVER let me live that one down!)

Well, I believe that God LOVES, very tremendously!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

AND

1 John 4:10 - Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Now many people have REJECTED that free gift. And I'm sure that God's wrath will come down upon them. We have to remember that the Tribulation WILL happen and it pertains to God's wrath on those that rejected God's supreme gift of His Son.

So to answer your question, God LOVES His creation - and that is why He gave His Son's BLOOD to pay the price for mankind's sins. However, the lost have REJECTED Him. God's Word clearly says that ALL have sinned and also that man is without excuse - because He has revealed Himself, in one way or another, to all of mankind.

Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 1:20 - For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

The Word of God tells us that Jesus died for the sins of the entire world - that is both the believers AND the UNbellievers. But one must BELIEVE to have that propitiation for our sins via that sacrifice.

1 John 2:2 - And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The Jews are a past dispensation. We, by grace, are the Church in the present dispensation. And the Jews will again be in a future dispensation (currently they are blinded).

Jesus was God made manifest in the flesh. And He does not change!

Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

So, yes, God still hates the workers of iniquity. However, He loved them enough to give them the most precious GIFT: that of the BLOOD of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Sometimes it is confusing for people to understand. And I struggled with this myself... but the Bible says that I am covered by His BLOOD, and the Holy Spirit is in me, at the moment that I BELIEVED.

Romans 3:25 - Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Paul cried out, in Romans 7:24 - O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

The answer is JESUS CHRIST, which is clearly seen in the next verse 25:

Romans 7:25 - I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Jassy