View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:11 AM

Not that I assume what you are "teaching" IS DIRECTLY from John Calvin, what I am "saying" is that It is clear that you approach the Bible from a reformed perspective, that stems from the teaching of John Calvin, I personally REJECT all 5 points of Calvinism and have no intention of discusing the teaching of it with anyone unless it is in refutation of it. You, by Gods "free will" can choose to believe whatever you wish, that your business and the Lords.

The 4th Commandment was part of the ceremonial law given exclusively to Old testament Israel

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

When Christ died on the cross, the veil of the JEWISH temple was rent in twain, this signified the NEW covenant between God and His people. Ceremonial laws were abolished, they were a reminder of Gods divine truths to Israel.
The "sabbath" is NOT to be observed today, its as simple as ..

Colossians 2:16,17, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ

Eating swine flesh, circumcision, sabbath, and other jewish ceremonial laws were nailed to my Saviours Cross on Calvarys Hill. Christ FULLFILLED the sabbath and I am "Resting in him"

If the sabbath is to be observed "today" then some Godly brethren here on this forum who "work" on the sabbath, should by all accounts be put to death

Exodus 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."

As far as I am concerned the sabbath is gone, I am not to keep it, it was meant for Israel, Christ fulfilled it for me, he is my "rest"
Gods moral laws are to be kept, but the 1 ceremonial law was nailed to the Lords cross.