View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 06:38 PM

Default Good discussion

Thanks for your courteous reply Bro. George. No doubt, I still have a lot to learn.

I must contend, however, that Nicodemus already believed in a resurrection.
John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
Acts 23:8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

I also think they Nicodemus should have realized [and I believe he eventually did] the powerful loaded terms the Lord Jesus was using. The “Son of man” and Moses and the serpent references should have sent alarms off in Nicodemus’ head to see the Truth sitting before him.
John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Num 21:7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.

Here is Paul before Agrippa and Festus…..

Act 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:
Act 26:23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

Nicodemus, being a master of Israel, should have seen Him coming.

Good discussion…