View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 03:06 PM

Default Re: " The Gospel Must First Be Published."

Quote:
Originally Posted by George

Whirlwind,

Give us a chance to get to know you first!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
I am...by posting. How else could you "get to know me?"

I didn't realize the forum required folks to sit back, relax and just read. I thought it was about Biblical discussion...which I have been doing.

Do you greet all newcomers with instructions like this?

I have read many posts and found many to be interesting so I'm sorry to see you write...."even if we aren't interested in what you have to say." I guess if I agreed with everything written here then I wouldn't have received such a rude...and not very Christian....message.

11 Timothy 2:24-25 And the servant of the LORD must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves.
Whirlwind,

Quote:
Quote:
"I am...by posting. How else could you "get to know me?"
Very simple - Tell us a something about yourself.

When I meet another brother in Christ, before we "jump into" various doctrines, we normally share a word of testimony and tell each other something about each other.

What you have done (as a new member and a stranger) is to jump into several issues at the same time and at the slightest opposition from some regular members, you take "offense" and start judging our responses to you (a new member and a stranger) as "not being very Christian"!

Have you ever heard of "common courtesy"? Are you familiar with having some "respect" and "consideration" for the existing members? Or are you going to continue "LECTURING" us, as if we are a bunch of ignorant children?

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.