View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 04:56 AM
gruvEdude

Default the W & H responses

I decided to include responses, but went over the AV1611 ten minute edit limit. Anywho, the responses are:

amarillo--
Quote:
rather than any serious discussion of Westcott-Hort per se, this resembles a rather juvenile attack on the text of Scriptures using a KJBO approach.
Armchair Scholar--
Quote:
Yaaawn
Ed Edwards--
Quote:
Three year olds like to tear down block towers that adults build.
Six year olds like to tear down block towers that they build themselves.

Obviously three-year-old stuff.
Does anybody want to talk about these things verse by verse? Then we would have to study the Bible, apparently something that KJVOs don't bother to do very much.

One thing I don't like about such lists, it is work to look up data that the original writer had in front of them. Which MV reads this way? Why do I have to wade through a dozen Modern Versions to find the one quoted? Why do I have to wade through a half-dozen KJVs to find the KJV being quoted? Don't they know there are still Bereans left around? We are NOT all Thessaloníki you know. I believe ALL SCRIPTURE means my TNIV, NIV, HCSB, NASB, NLT, Geneva Bible, etc.
Armchair Scholar--
Quote:
How about we do a line by line comparison of Gail Riplinger's so-called quotations of Westcott and Hort with the actual biographies she states she used to obtain those quotations...eh? That's what good Berean KJOs should do. Until they do, they are unarmed and arguing with unarmed people is not only unfair but BORING. The real meat of the issue is in looking at what Westcott and Hort REALLY said in their books and seeing that a well-known KJO teacher has both lied to Christians and slandered the brethren. I have the proof that GAR has lied about W & H. Do you?
Ed Edwards--
Quote:
Dyslexics of the World UNTIE! How about we do a line by line comparison of Gail Riplinger's so-called quotations of Westcott and Hort with the actual biographies she states she used to obtain those quotations...eh?//

That is no fun One has to search and search and never find it -- lots of pain, no gain.