View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBPrincess View Post
What I find interesting is that so many Christians didn't like McCain until after he won the GOP nomination. Before the primary elections, Christians were complaining about how McCain was the most liberal of the Republicans and they were voting against him. Now that he's the Republican candidate, it's like he's a hero to some of those same Christians. It doesn't make any sense to me...
It was very predictable, Princess. Back during the primaries, many of us said that we'd never vote for McCain under any circumstances. Even the loose-talking firebrand Ann Coulter said she'd vote for Hillary before McCain. We have the luxury of making such statements at such times.

But now, we are faced with the very real prospect of a Communist in the White House. (I don't toss that word around loosely; I've been studying Communism ever since I was in elementary school!) If you've read my posts, you know that I don't regard McCain as a "hero;" I don't like him at all. But I think Palin, if she wins, may be a great leader in the future.

Let me make myself very clear. If Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, or Ted Kennedy were running on the Republican ticket, and they were the only realistic choices to defeat Obama, I'd vote for them with an utterly clean conscience.

Yes, I'd rather have someone else than McCain. I don't like him and I don't trust him. But while some good people are talking about "sending a message to the Republican Party," some very bad people are attempting to send an America-hating Communist to the White House.

I won't be part of that.