View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
I always find it interesting that the things vegetarians tell me often contradict Scripture. I'll stick with Scripture (and the high-protein diet that helped bring me down to 185 from 280 pounds).
to that Brother! I lift weights and I cannot imagine eating anything less than a High Protein diet, more protein and less carbs = leaner and less slugish
(Munching on Chicken legs and Protein shake as I write this )
The only thing I do try and avoid are eggs, Lamb liver & kidney. Eggs for the wind problem and the rest are just plain disgusting

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1 Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Now I know that the Catholic Church has commanded its followers to not eat meat on friday and lent etc and I know of new agers (Wiccans to be specific) that claim a vegetarian diet leaves their bodies more open to spirits (familiar of course according to the Holy Bible)

I Give thanks to God for my Food, all of it, animal vegetable and mineral

ps. I am not knocking a vegetarian diet, I personally couldnt even contemplate one, I love Protein and meat to much.

Isaac loved his meat also

Genesis 27:14 And he went, and fetched, and brought them to his mother: and his mother made savoury meat, such as his father loved.