View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Swart View Post
Again, a waste of time and resources, If the death penalty were to be worth while, we woold not have to spend so much money on it. The thought of being put to sleep like an animal is not very intimidatiing.
Hmmm, I'm not sure I follow you...

I have spent some time around prisons, one of my dearest friends was a prison superintendent for 25 years. Here in my state they can always choose the electric chair, but either way I assure you brother; the thought of stepping out into eternity is never an easy thing to deal with for a man who has spent his days killing innocent people.

I don't think capital punishment is about "intimidation," I think it's about justice and placing a value on human life, ergo Genesis 9:6.

Quote:
...it costs more in one year to support someone in prison than most God fearing people earn in a year, add 20 or 30 years to that and show me the justice in that.
I hear you on that brother, and agree. So, it seems to me the cost of the PENALTY is not nearly as much as the idea of keeping them in prison for 30 or more years at tax payer's expense. So it's not really the death penalty that is the waste of time and resources, it's the LACK of the death penalty and the legal system around it. Am I reading you right?